Broonhead (Is Dead)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

As We Prepare for the 4-Slyce ep

I've been looking for a good way to record at home for years and tried different things such as, 4-tracks, minidiskplayer and computers but I was never satisfied. I never got along with the computer I had.
A year ago I bought a new computer. A Mac Powerbook, and a while ago I bought an mBox2.
The program ProTools came with the mBox. I think this is the best I've come up with so far. I use a descent mic called (I think) ADK A-51ST.

The good thing with using ProTools is that most studios use that software so I'm compatible with them if I want to record something at home and the do additional recordings and the mixing in a better place.

//K.


Those are the words of my reigning musical hero, Kristofer Åström. And I already own a Mac Powerbook, plus have an intimate business relationship with another.

3 Comments:

  • Looks like the M-BOX 2 runs about $500 and that ADK A-51 ST mic runs about $400. So we're looking at about 1K. Maybe we should finish writing our songs first and have a few more practices.

    By Blogger stern mister serious, at 8:34 AM  

  • Good eye, good eye.

    By Blogger 4-Slyce, at 12:10 PM  

  • wow.
    http://www.visual.cz/obrazky/digidesign/Mbox2_ArtsyArm.jpg

    By Blogger 4-Slyce, at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home